Winter

Thursday, January 20, 2011

among the missing.

So - I have been a little MIA and I have no one to blame besides myself.  I have been working a ridiculous amount of hours and haven't had a moment to breathe let alone think about this blog.  I resolved to make the time for me - to take the time each day to reflect on the things that put a smile on my face or warmed my heart.  As usual my resolution has been sort of put on the back burner. 

I really need to take the time for me - to release all the stresses of my day and to enjoy the little things that make me happy.  There are no excuses that I can make any longer.  My sanity is important too - on top of being mommy, employee, wife and daughter. 

I have always had this sort of struggle - to make sure everyone is satisfied and happy with me, that I get to the point where I am so stressed out with myself that I cannot take the time to be happy for me.  I have so much to be happy for and I need to start letting go of my need to please people and please myself and my family first. 

In having G - I have learned that I am her voice - I am her protecter - I am her fighter - bottom line, I am hers.  I know now that it takes a lot to make your voice heard for your baby - and sometimes it is not going to make everyone happy.  Sometimes feelings do get hurt, but in the end I need to make sure I am doing right by her. 

To say that I have learned a lot by having my baby is the understatement of the century.  She teaches me something new everyday and while there are some trying times - I am so lucky to be able to have this journey with her.  She has brought so much joy, peace and most of all understanding to my life.  Slowly but surely I am learning to let go and I truly believe that she was put into my arms to teach me that.

No comments:

Post a Comment