Winter

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A new year - Reflections

Well - here it is - already 5 days into 2011 and I am already whizzing through the days.  How does time seem to be moving so quickly?  It seems just like yesterday I was a silly 17 yr old girl waiting for my date to pick me up and here I am 10 years later - married to that man who is now the father to our beautiful baby girl.  A lot can and has happened in those years and this venture is going to be the way in which I attempt to slow down and enjoy the best moments of my life. 

Like most - the dawn of a new year causes you to sit back and reflect on the past year.  A time to evaluate the moments that tested you, to be joyful in the happy moments and to learn from the trying moments.  2010 was a year of pure elation and quite possibly the BEST year of my life. 

When I make such a declaration - it stands to be said that I do not say that lightly.  From the first day of the year twenty ten to the last day, I lived my life with a new breath and was filled with so much joy, anticipation and excitement.  2010 was the year that changed my life and rocked my soul to the core.  It was the year that brought my sweet baby girl into my arms and I was made into a mother. 

In the next few posts, I want to sort of do a small recap of the past year and all of the amazing changes that I went through in order to get me here today - typing out these letters to make some sort of sense of the person that I have become.  I am not aspiring to be a professional blogger - but I want to take the time every day to look back and document the best days of my life - the very best moments that I have come to find are the moments that I will treasure forever.  This is going to be my journey to be "in the heart of life" and to take those moments and show the world just how amazing love and life can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment